Thursday 31 July 2008

bake a cake

If you are sighing," Oh! Another recipe for a cake from a- stay -at -home- mom!", rest assured this is not one of those. Its just that, I like to bake a cake when I am stressed out. The mixing together of the sugar and the eggs infuses me with new energy. The blending together of the flour that releases the rich chocolaty colour and rich texture excites me.

Pop it into the oven . And gradually your house is taken over by a delicious chocolateyyy...( pl xcuse me dictionary) aroma that transforms it into a home. And when the children come home in the evening, ( well! I am a part- time - stay-at-home-mom) and bite into a warm chunk of buttery chocolate cake with a grin , you know every bit was worth it. It fills you with bliss and satisfaction, when every crumb is wiped off the plate.

I guess creating anything is blissful. It is calming to know for yourself, that you have achieved something. And being appreciated for it , is like icing on the cake. But I like my cakes without the icing.I mean, when it comes to eating them. The ones with the icing are a little messy. The home baked ones have more warmth in them, like the pullovers that are hand-knitted and require you to stand many number of trials with your back turned.

When I am tired or feeling blue, I trip to the kitchen and reach out to my old friends, to pep me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words keep me going :)